Georgia General Contractor's License Online Exam Prep Course
In Georgia, a General Contractor's License is required for any job over $2,500. Georgia has three different types of licenses Residential Basic Residential Light Commercial Commercial General Building Contractor Select the license you require below.
Georgia General Contractor License (NASCLA)
with the unlimited designation is permitted to do any type of construction work and to bid on any type of contracts. The exam for this license is the NASCLA which is accepted in multiple states. The trades exam in accepted in Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, and West Virginia. One test, covers 15 states!
Georgia Residential Basic Contractor License
is for a contractor who performs contract work or activity relative to detached one-family and two-family residences and one-family townhouses less than four stories in height and their accessory buildings and structures.
Georgia Residential Light Commercial Contractor License
is for a contractor to build residential, multi-family and multi-use light commercials buildings and structures which are less than four stories in height and less than 25,000 square feet in aggregate interior floor space, or pre-engineered steel buildings not exceeding 50,000 square feet of interior floor space.
Georgia Business Law and Project Management Exam
Must be taken and passed along with Trades Exam.
Getting a Georgia Contractors License Quick Facts
- You are eligible to take the examination(s) for 1 year
from the date of your exam approval letter. If you do not
pass the examination(s) within the 1 eligibility year
period, you must reapply with the Board.
- You must pass both the Business & Law and the Trade
examinations within the 1 year eligibility period. If you
fail one examination, and pass the other examination,
you will only need to retake the failed examination.
- On your first exam approval, you are given 2 attempts to
pass both the Business & Law and the Trade examinations
within the 1 year eligibility period. If you fail either of
the examinations twice, you will be required to wait at
least 1 year after the taking of the last exam prior to
taking the exam a third or subsequent time pursuant to
O.C.G.A. Â§ 43-41-6(g).
- After failing either of the examinations in your first exam
approval eligibility period, you will be given only 1
attempt to pass the exam on your next exam approval
- NASCLA Commercial Trades Exam Does NOT require state pre-approval. You must register at NASCLA . Application must be submitted to state with passing test score. Upon approval only Georgia Business Law and Project Management exam will be taken.
- Honorably discharged veterans may be eligible for Veteransâ€™ Preference Points applied to their examination scores if they served on active duty in the Armed Forces, Reserves or National Guard for at least 90 days during wartime or during any conflict when military personnel were committed by the President and either served on active duty for at least one year or was discharged for injury or illness incurred in the line of duty. To apply for veteransâ€™ preference points, submit a completed copy of the DDâ€214 form with the application.
- A transitioning service member of the military is on active duty status, or on separation leave, who is within 24 months of retiring or 12 months of separation