State Requirements & Application
* Must be 21 years of age or older.
* Must be of good character and otherwise qualified as to competency, ability, integrity and financial responsibility. To prove financial responsibility you may submit a bank credit reference for showing 24 months history; a $25,000 surety bond; a $25,000 line of credit or letter of credit; or affirmation of a minimum net worth of $25,000. Must provide a bank credit reference for or credit report within 45 days.
* Must show two years of proven experience in employment of residential contractor and successful completion of at least two projects in the two years prior to application submission.
* Must provide copy of an insurance certificate showing proof of workers compensation insurance as required by Georgia law and liability insurance with a minimum amount of $300,000.
* Residential Basic and Residential Light Commercial contractors do not have any minimum net worth requirements.
Board Contact Information:
Professional Licensing Board Division
237 Coliseum Dr.
Macon, GA 31217-3858
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:30pm
Website: Georgia Licensing Contractors Board
Frequently Asked Questions: (View FAQ)
The application fee for a new prime contractor license is $300. The renewal fee is $200. The application fee for a subcontractor is $150. To obtain a license application and other forms for Georgia go to (Click Here
Veterans who served during war time or who have permanent disability may qualify for up to 10 Veteran Preference points. Contact the board to see if you qualify. Specialty Contractors:
Certain specialty contractors do not need a license. This document lists specialties which do not require a license. Specialty Contractors