Nevada General Contractor (Nascla)

Nevada General Contractors License NASCLA

State Requirements and Application

Test Information


Permitted Work

Nevada General Contractor NASCLA Complete Course Combo

Everything you need to pass both your NASCLA trades and business & law exams. Our exam prep course looks and acts just like the real NASCLA Exam. One trades test covers 14 states (GA AL AR LA MS NV NC OR SC TN UT VA USVI WV). The absolute best NASCLA Prep

Nevada General Contractor NASCLA Exam Prep Course

The most comprehensive study course available! Pass your exam on the first try. You'll have instant online access, audio discs, study guides, and unlimited practice exams. See full description below.

Nevada General Contractor NASCLA Complete Reference Book Set

Nevada General Builder Contractor License Exam NASCLA Trades. The Contractor Exam Prep. Course is not included.

Nevada General Contractor NASCLA Printed Book Tabs

Pre-Printed tabs for all 21 books used in the NASCLA Exam

Nevada General Contractor Individual Books

Already have some of the required books for the Nevada General Contractors Exam? Visit our books store and complete your set today with the individual books needed to complete your PSI Reference Book Set.

State Requirements & Application


*If you have high rise experience building from the ground up, after passing this Nevada contractors exam you will be eligible to receive the B license.

*All others will be eligible for the B-2 license.

*You will also be required to pass the Nevada Business Law exam which must be taken in Nevada.

Board Contact Information:

Southern Nevada Contractors Board
2310 Corporate Circle, Ste 200
Henderson, NV 89074
Phone: 702.486.1100
Fax: 702.486.1190

Northern Nevada Contractors Board
9670 Gateway Dr. Ste 100
Reno, NV 89521
Phone: 775.688.1141
Fax: 775.688.1271

Frequently Asked Questions:

The contractor's test fees for a Nevada contractor's license are the same regardless of the classification of license for which you are applying. The fee to apply is $300.

If your license is approved the license fee is $600 for a two year license. Nevada does NOT issue one year licenses. If you are engaged in residential work you must participate in the Residential Recovery Fund. The Residential Recovery Fund fee is based on the monetary limit placed on the license. The license fee and Residential Recovery Fund fee is due at the time you license is issued and every two years when your license is renewed. Fees must be paid in full. There is no payment plan and the Board does not accept partial payments.To obtain a license application and other forms for Nevada go to


Test Information

Test Information This test covers information in the 12 subject areas below. The questions are created from content in the 21 book set shown below the following chart.
Candidate Information Bulletin: Click here to download the bulletin.

Exam Information
Exam Fee $106
Number of Questions 115
Passing Score 70% or 81 Questions
Time Limit 300 Minutes

Subject Area Number of Questions
General Requirements 25
Site Construction
Concrete 6
Metals 6
Wood 5
Thermal and Moisture Protection 5
Doors, Windows, and Glazing 4
Finishes 5
Mechanical and Plumbing Systems 6
Electrical Systems 3
Procurement and Contracting Requirements 31



Nevada has established reciprocity with Arizona, California, and Utah after 5 years of holding the license in the other state. The NASCLA exam will serve as your trades exam in Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, U.S. Virgin Islands, West Virginia


Permitted Work

This license allows for the construction or remodeling of buildings or structures for the support, shelter and enclosure of persons, animals, chattels or movable property of any kind, requiring in their construction the use of more than two unrelated building trades or crafts, upon which he/she is a prime contractor and where the construction or remodeling of the business is the primary purpose. A general building contractor may not perform plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, air-conditioning or fire protection without the appropriate specialty license. A person who exclusively constructs or repairs mobile homes, manufactured homes or commercial coaches is not a general building contractor.