* Licensure will be required for the practice of contracting in Mississippi for commercial projects that $100,000 or more or public projects $50,000 or more.
* Pre-approval from the state is required to sit for the examination.
* The Mississippi Business and Law exam is also required to be passed to obtain your contractorâ€™s license.
* Applicants must submit CPA reviewed financial statements to document sufficient net worth and provide proof of workers compensation insurance at required levels of coverage.
* Applicant must Provide a Certificate of General Liability insurance coverage showing current minimum coverage of $300,000.00 per occurrence and $600,000.00 aggregate.
* Applicant must show experience in the Classification of work requested. Please List 3 jobs Completed.
Board Contact Information:
Mississippi State Board of Contractors
2679 Crane Ridge Dr. Suite, C
Jackson, MS 39216
Website: Mississippi State Licensing Board
Frequently Asked Questions: MS FAQ
The application fee for a new prime Mississippi general contractor license is $300. The renewal fee is $200. The application fee for a subcontractor is $150. To obtain a Mississippi contractor license application and other forms for Mississippi go to Mississippi Application