Nevada General Contractor B-2 License

Nevada B-2 Residential Small Commercial Contractor

State Requirements and Application

Test Information


Permitted Work

Nevada B-2 Residential Small Commercial Complete Course

Our Combo includes everything you need to pass both your Nevada B-2 Contractor trades exam and the required NASCLA business and law exam. You will get a complete text book reference text set, tabs,printed study guide,audio cd's, and online exam prep

Nevada B-2 Residential Small Commercial Prep Course

The Nevada B-2 Residential and Light Commercial Exam Prep Includes our Study guide with How to Read Blueprints manual, Exam Prep, Audio CDs for the Trades and NASCLA Business & Law Exam,and Unlimited Practice Exams for the Trades and Business and Law Exam

Nevada Residential Small Commercial Reference Book Set

This reference book set contains all books required for the B-2 License Exam.

Printed Book Tabs for the Nevada B-2

Pre-Printed tabs for all 10 books used in the Nevada Residential-Small Commercial (B-2) Exam. Each tab set includes blank tabs for additional customization.

Nevada B-2 Individual Books

Already own some of the required books for the exam? Visit our Book Store and purchase only the books required to complete your set.

State Requirements & Application


*Nevada applicants must sit for two exams: Contractor Management Survey and the Trades Exam.

*Financial statements must be submitted with your application to the state licensing board to determine monetary limits. Monetary limits are determined based on factors set forth in NRS 624.260, 263, and 265. If seeking a financial limit less than $1,000,000 the statement must be either prepared by a certified public accountant, self-prepared on a form prescribed by the Board, or prepared using accounting software and accompanied by an affidavit. When seeking a monetary limit of $1,000,000 or more, the financial statement must be reviewed and audited by a CPA.

*Experience Requirement - Four years (within the last 10) of experience as a journeyman, foreman, supervising employee or contractor in the specific classification requested.*A Nevada contractor license bond is required. This can range from $1,000 - $500,000, with the actual amount determined by the Board.

*All contractors are also required to carry worker's compensation insurance (aka certificate of liability insurance covering employess for industrial injury and occupational diseases).

Board Contact Information:

Southern Nevada Contractors Board
2310 Corporate Circle, Ste 200
Henderson, NV 89074
Phone: 702.486.1100
Fax: 702.486.1190

Northern Nevada Contractors Board
9670 Gateway Dr. Ste 100
Reno, NV 89521
Phone: 775.688.1141
Fax: 775.688.1271

Frequently Asked Questions:

The fees for a Nevada contractor's license are the same regardless of the classification of license for which you are applying. The fee to apply is $300.

If your Nevada contractor license is approved the license fee is $600 for a two year license. Nevada does NOT issue one year licenses. If you are engaged in residential work you must participate in the Residential Recovery Fund. The Residential Recovery Fund fee is based on the monetary limit placed on the license. The license fee and Residential Recovery Fund fee is due at the time your license is issued and every two years when your license is renewed. Fees must be paid in full. There is no payment plan and the Board does not accept partial payments. To obtain a license application and other forms for Nevada go to Application Here


Test Information

Test Information This residential contractor exam covers information in the 11 subject areas below. The questions are created from content in the 12 book set shown below the following chart. You must get pre-approval from the board to sit for this contractors test.
Candidate Information Bulletin: Click here to download the bulletin.

Applicants must also pass a separate Contractor Management Survey exam.

Exam Information
Exam Fee $95
Number of Questions 80
Passing Score 70% or 56 Questions
Time Limit 180 Minutes

Subject Area Number of Questions
Site work 4
Concrete 10
Masonry 10
Metals 10
Carpentry 12
Thermal and Moisture Protection 9
Doors and Windows 3
Drywall and Finishes 4
Safety 5
General Code, Plan Reading and Estimating 10
Nevada One Call 3



Nevada has established reciprocity with Arizona, California, and Utah.


Permitted Work

The Nevada Residential and Small Commercial B-2 license allows for the construction or remodeling of houses and other structures which support, shelter, or enclose persons or animals or other chattels, and which do not extend more than three stories above the ground and one story below the ground. A general building contractor may not perform plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, air-conditioning or fire protection without the appropriate specialty license. A person who exclusively constructs or repairs mobile homes, manufactured homes or commercial coaches is not a general building contractor.