* Proof of registration with the appropriate departments.
* Demonstrate financial responsibility.
* Obtain a certificate of general liability with a minimum coverage of $100,000 per incident and $300,000 in total coverage.
* Provide a certificate of Workers' Comp coverage or proof that the company does not have or intend to hire employees
* Provide an unemployment insurance registration number
* Provide a Utah State tax ID
* File an application with the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing and pay appropriate fees
* Register with the Residence Lien Recovery Fund and pay assessment
* Must have at least two years of proven active experience in the past 10 years. One of those two years shall be in a supervisory or managerial position. A two or four degree in construction management may have one year of experience credited towards the supervisory or managerial experience requirement.Utah Contractors Requirements
Board Contact Information:
Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
P.O. Box 146741
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Website: Utah Contractors License Board
Frequently Asked Questions: Utah FAQ
The application fee for a new B-100 or R-100 license is $210. The fee for the Residence Lien Recovery Fund Registration is $195. To obtain a license application and other forms for Utah go to Utah Application