* Proof of registration with the appropriate departments.
* Demonstrate financial responsibility.
* Obtain a certificate of general liability with a minimum coverage of $100,000 per incident and $300,000 in total coverage.
* Provide a certificate of Workers' Comp coverage or proof that the company does not have or intend to hire employees
* Provide an unemployment insurance registration number
* Provide a Utah State tax ID
* File an application with the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing and pay appropriate fees
* Register with the Residence Lien Recovery Fund and pay assessment
* Must complete a 20 hour pre-licensure course - Utah Pre-License Courses
* Must have at least two years of proven active experience in the past 10 years. One of those two years shall be in a supervisory or managerial position. A two or four degree in construction management may have one year of experience credited towards the supervisory or managerial experience requirement.Utah Contractors Requirements
Pass Exams and submit with Application.
Board Contact Information:
Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
P.O. Box 146741
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-6741
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Website: Utah Contractors License Board